The bell reads: This bell the gift of Wm. Bayard Esq. 1792 to the Trinity Church at Wilmot in Nova Scotia as by Law established Tho’s Mears of London Fecit. William Bayard was the father of Major Samuel Vetch Bayard of Wilmot, a Loyalist settler who was instrumental in establishing this church.
Lay Reader Sheila Hulford rings the church bell to start the annual anniversary service at Old Holy Trinity Church.
The small pewter chalice and paten are very old and were likely used as a traveling set by the rector. It is believed these were donated by John Bayard, a son of Colonel Samuel Bayard of Wilmot.
The silver chalice and paten – a gift from Mrs. Catherine Roberts to Holy Trinity Church in Wilmot, NS. 1792.
This is a communion set travel case similar to ones used by rectors in the early years of this church.
Oil lamps like this were used to provide illumination when needed.
The Bible and Book of Common Prayer are leather bound, published at the Clarendon Press, Oxford in 1783 and are thought to be the first holy books used at Old Holy Trinity Church.
Additional Artifacts Photos